Indesit WIDXL126 - ERROR 7 (changed PCB already)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

I have an Indesit WIDXL126 displaying an error 7 (LEDs 1. 2 and 4 plus lock). Looking on t'interweb, I can see that is a 'Heater Relay Stuck' error. It is an intermittent error, sometimes I can get a whole cycle out of it before the error displays (normally on spin) - sometimes as soon as I switch it on.

I did the usual thing of tapping the relays on the PCB. This didn't work so I sourced a replacement PCB. Swapping that out didn't fix the problem either. I have checked all cables and connections, all seem OK to me. I'll be taking the multimeter home with me tonight to get down and dirty.

I guess it's the heating unit I want to look at specifically? Is that unit obvious once I flip the machine and look? Is there anything else that could cause this error? Blocked pump or the likes?

I'm reasonably competent when dealing with this kind of thing, IT engineer for 12 years+

Thanks in advance... this could be a marriage breaker (my fault, not got off my bum to look at it for over a week).

Ben

Sponsored Links
Just an update. I double-checked all connections, all seem ok. I stripped and cleared out the pump/pipes (£1 coin, a bit of cable-tie, a plastic clip and a 5p piece later).

I checked the resistance of the heating element, meter set to 200 and gave a reading of 30.2. The thermistor was giving a reading of 23.8 when meter set to 200k. The resistance went down when dipped in warm water.

Put it all back together, made sure waste pipe was up high and popped a towel in. It went through all cycles and finished without a problem (program 11 - daily at 30°). Hoooorah I thought, must have been the stuff clogging the pump.

Put a load in on programme 3 - colour cotton at 40°. Not sure how far that got before error appeared again. Grrrrrr. Now the error shows each time no matter what setting or temperature.

Any ideas? Bearing in mind pcb has been swapped and all above steps taken.

Cheers

Reading further, I may have got the wrong error. It might actually be error f13
Dryer fan does not work or fan jammed
Check dryer NTC (temperature sensor)
Check dryer fan motor
Check wiring
Check electronic controller

Any ideas? Getting desperate now

Ta

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back