Indesit WIDL126 error F05

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a problem with an indesit washing machine where.

Last week it stopped working (water wouldn't drain away)
From this earlier post
//www.diynot.com/diy/threads/indesit-widl126-washer-dryer-flashing-lights-please-help.181360/
I was able to identify error 'f11 lights 1&3&4, pump/draining error' as I wasn't able to get the filter housing open I had to take the pump/sump unit out and found lot's of debris blocking the impellor, cleared that all up and put back together (making sure impellor would turn). Running through cycle and the machine stops on the same place, but now with a different error, 'f05 lights 2&4, pressure sw stuck on full' I looked for a few hints and found some people suggesting it's either the motor or the pressure switch. However I checked all lines between sump and pressure switch, found those lines clear checked lines from drum, through sump and out to waste pipe all clear. I knew that the impellor was moving unobstructed but wanted to check that the motor was working, so connected it up to 240V and it's spinning nicely.

Any thoughts on where to look next to resolve?

Sponsored Links
Pressure switch jammed on full
  • Check for overfoaming evidence - can trip pressure switch
  • Check for blockages in pressure switch hose
  • Check wiring to level sensor
  • Check pressure switch is not defective
  • Water inlet valve locked open

Hi,

thanks for the help, there is no evidence of overfoaming the last few times all that's been in the drum is water (rinse cycle), I've checked the line from the sump to the pressure switch and that line is clear, while I know the error suggests that the pressure switch is at fault I am thinking the pressure switch stuck on full could just be related to the fact the drum is actually full?? I cannot hear the drain pump starting to run when the drum has finished turning (end of rinse cycle), and so no water is drained.

I don't know how to check that the pressure switch is working.

I've unplugged and reconnected all connectors on the motherboard, and the end connectors to pressures switch and drain motor and will run through rinse cycles again.

I don't know how to check inlet valve, but it is definitely not inputting more water in to drum after initial fill. It is also not draining any at all during cycle, but if I lower the drain hose to lower than water level in drum then water will leave the machine.

Hi,

tested cycle again (after above) and same situation error code appears a while after it should have drained. There is another motor that starts (when the error code shows up) but with the lid off I found that it is an air pump (presumably part of the dryer arrangement) on top of the drum. As a final test I unplugged the washing machine and attached 240v connection directly to the drain pump. I put the washing machine upright again and turned on my jimmy'd up 240v on the pump, boom! Drains as it should.

The machine is definitely not turning on the drain pump for whatever reason.

Sponsored Links
if this tests out ok & you do not get a supply to the pump at the correct time then the control board has probably failed & is probably not an economic repair

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back