Indesit WIL143S bearings gone??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an indesit WIL143S washing machine and it seems the bearings have finally given up on it after two years, good going for this washer it seems. What type of bearing is it likely to be that needs replacing?? Ive looked at online sites and there are different types with the most expensive at only 23 quid. After reading on here i wont be trying to do it myself but is it a long job to have done? Ive not had to have a washer repaired in a long time so any idea on cost, plumbers seem to be around 60-70 quid an hour, is it the same for washer repairs?

Sponsored Links
Bearing kit part No. is 1605075. It should not take too long to do the job as you don't need to dismantle the drum. You remove the drum pulley and bearing housing, drift out the old bearings and press / drift in the new ones. Best thing to do is ask your repairer for an estimate as most will have a set price for this job.

Thanks, i will look in the yellow pages for someone near me to fix it. Would the fact that it walks around a bit under the worktop be causing the bearings to go?

Sponsored Links
More likely just cheap poor quality bearings. The last one I did had Polish bearings in originally.......

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back