Indian stone patio layout

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I have bought a project pack of Indian sandstone for my garden patio. I’ve never laid Indian stone before so not used to pattern latour

The area is 4m w x 3m long

Is there a website that anyone knows that may generate a layout for me?

The sizes in the pack are as follows, and I’ve ordered a 15m squared pack

300x300
600x300
600x600
900x600

Sponsored Links
Think the common pattern for packs of those sizes is called 'opus'.

Whenever I've paved with this pattern, I find unless you have the joint lines quite large (which I don't like), you will need to chop the small tiles down slightly to keep things consistent spaced.

I tend to whip round with the handheld grinder the next day to tweak any joints that need it adjusting before jointing.

I like to joint with Sika fast fix, a generous depth and pack down with jointing tool, so it's firm.

Thanks for your reply, appreciate it. I will be using a cut of of garden hose to get the width of the joint so approx 15mm?

Think the common pattern for packs of those sizes is called 'opus'.

Whenever I've paved with this pattern, I find unless you have the joint lines quite large (which I don't like), you will need to chop the small tiles down slightly to keep things consistent spaced.

I tend to whip round with the handheld grinder the next day to tweak any joints that need it adjusting before jointing.

I like to joint with Sika fast fix, a generous depth and pack down with jointing tool, so it's firm.

Is this the opus pattern? Cheers

4-size-guide.jpg

Sponsored Links
Yes, although there are probably a few variants if you search long enough.

Once you have the tiles, lay it out dry, at 15mm joints you might still need to trim the small ones, depends on how picky you are ;) and how well cut the other sizes are.

I find Marshall's to be better tiles, more consistent sizing and a bit cleaner on the backs.

Good luck with it.(y)

I had one that was distinctly curved in one of my packs, had a distinct crown to it, would have made jointing harder, so skipped that one, its a spare...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back