Inductive cause of leaks to earth

Mine just has a single button, runs on a button cell. I bought it because it was such a novelty. One long press to turn it on in auto mode, then more presses lock it to a mode. It was handy to take along to the radio rallies (car boot sales of the amateur radio world), for checking out potential purchases.
That is what was missing. this just had the single button, simple press and it came on but as soon as touched again the display went off, actually it was a pain as it always seemed to be getting caught with a finger where the meter was so dainty and all display.

I haven't been to a rally for 2 years but my 'rally bag' is still in the cupboard with a few tools, torch and meter.
One of my friends was looking at a Bird 150W dummy load at a rally, despite the vendor being very convincing it was in perfect condition I got the meter out and found it to be opencircuit... £50 well saved. Another time a stall had a pile of 25A SMPS and stated that he'd been told they might not all work, we checked and found the top 4 all showed 13.7V even with a car spotlight running then next 2 didn't work. We purchased 2 good ones and eversinc I wished I'd have got at least another. If we can get out this summer it will at the top of one of these with an IC7000 body.
upload_2021-2-16_13-6-24.jpeg

Sponsored Links
I haven't been to a rally for 2 years but my 'rally bag' is still in the cupboard with a few tools, torch and meter.
One of my friends was looking at a Bird 150W dummy load at a rally, despite the vendor being very convincing it was in perfect condition I got the meter out and found it to be opencircuit... £50 well saved. Another time a stall had a pile of 25A SMPS and stated that he'd been told they might not all work, we checked the top 4 and all showed 13.7V even with a car spotlight running. we purchased 2.

I have not been to one for around 10 years. I built my own 50w dummy load, then later came across a 300w jobby with a cooling fan system. I used a prowl round a scrap places which took in BT's scrap from the exchanges - Often I would find 50v 60amp SMPSU's, which were ripe for modifying to 13.8v output, top quality and terrifically well filtered, no noise from them.

I have not been to one for around 10 years. I built my own 50w dummy load, then later came across a 300w jobby with a cooling fan system. I used a prowl round a scrap places which took in BT's scrap from the exchanges - Often I would find 50v 60amp SMPSU's, which were ripe for modifying to 13.8v output, top quality and terrifically well filtered, no noise from them.
I had to walk past a paging engineer and got into conversation, commented I needed to get a proper dummy load (he was using a Bird), he asked me why. A while later he came to me holding it in his upturned hand and said they kept them out of scrapped systems and offered it to me, I took it and nearly dropped it as it was still very hot at the top.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back