Earth Leakage Detector

Eh? It's integral to they way it's designed. Not sure I understand your question.
My suggestion/question was .... If a device (i.e. Type B) is designed to be trip with 'smooth' DC residual currents, it is presumably also designed to be able to function satisfactorily (without saturation) in the presence of high L and N DC currents. However, since A and AC ones are not designed to trip with such DC currents, it would not be surprising (at least, not to me) if they were also not designed to work (i.e. not to saturate) in the presence of L & N DC currents.

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
A treadmill will have a high leakage current due the substantial mains filters fitted to them, to try to cut the electrical noise down that is produced by the drive motors DC inverter.

A treadmill will have a high leakage current due the substantial mains filters fitted to them, to try to cut the electrical noise down that is produced by the drive motors DC inverter.
That is, indeed, very likely - but it does not, in itself, explain why the treatment appears to trip one RCBO but not the other two, nor why the trips appear not to occur until the treadmill has been running for some time. As has been discussed, difference between the characteristics/performances of the different protective devices might possibly account for this.

Kind Regards, John

However, since A and AC ones are not designed to trip with such DC currents, it would not be surprising (at least, not to me) if they were also not designed to work (i.e. not to saturate) in the presence of L & N DC currents.
5 uses of 'not' in one sentence has to be approaching a record!
Yes, things that are not designed to work under condition X cannot be expected to work under that condition.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back