Inefficient Combi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently moved into a 11 year old 4 bedroom detached house with a Ferolli Combi. The CH works OK, but when I turn on a hot domestic tap, the water runs cold for about 15 seconds (as expected) runs hot for 10 secs then cold again for another 15 secs before the hot runs constantly. Why the cold/hot/cold/hot sequence? I have noticed that the boiler takes 10 secs to ignite after the hot tap has been fully opened .......is this normal?.......shouldn't it be instantaneous?..........can I adjust the timing?

Cheers all

Doug

Sponsored Links
from your questions i would advise you have the boiler checked by a competent engineer and no you cannot adjust the timing yes it will run hot/cold/hot also a lot depends on pipe configuration/distance,when was it last serviced? :LOL: :LOL:

A fiver says it's scaled up. Probably a "combined" heat echanger so not simple to clean without a bit of kit.

Sponsored Links
Chris - It won't be scaled up as our water is super soft!!!!!!!!!!!! even the kettle element is spotless.
Frenchie1 - Why do you think it could be the over heat stat?

it is not the o/h stat as that would affect the heating as well

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back