Inhibitor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’ve drained and re-flooded my central heating system a couple of times this year to move and change radiators.

Should I add an inhibitor to the system?

If so is it a DIY jobbie?

I have a combie boiler and pressurised system.

Thanks all

Sponsored Links
Blimey, that was a fast reply.

I'll look online about getting some sentinel x100.

Is there defenitely value in putting inhibitor into the system?

How do you get it in there?

Sponsored Links
If you've got a pressurised system, with a filling loop, then your best option is to get yourself some Fernox Express inhibitor, it's in a pressurised can, you attach it to your filling loop and it enters the system with almost zero mess. And yes, there is very definite value in putting corrosion inhibitor in, it stops your system corroding.

I’ve drained and re-flooded my central heating system a couple of times this year to move and change radiators.

Should I add an inhibitor to the system?

If so is it a DIY jobbie?

I have a combie boiler and pressurised system.

Thanks all

I used Fernox Superconcentrate Protector F1, it is injected with a mastic gun through one of the bleed valves. It is better to drain system until pressure is 0 bar to stop the inhibitor spitting back out when you remove the adapter.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back