Inkjet cartridge refill stiil shows alerts.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Using a kit I have filled an inkjet cartridge from a Dell 725 printer (very basic model). The printer is working fine but I continue to get alerts re cartridge almost empty, replacement required. Perhaps mistakenly I thought removing, filling and replacing the cartridge would reset the chip so that the graphic indicator would denote that the cartridge was full, as happens on another printer that I use, a Dell A920. Is there anyway to overcome this problem? Thanks for any help. ;)

Sponsored Links
If you look around you can find chip resetters. But, remember also that cartridges can fail so you might spend your money and get nothing. Alternatively, there are plenty of cartridge suppliers who can supply suitable own make cartridges for a fraction of the OEM price.

According to Dell user forums where the Q has been asked, the chip cannot be reset just holds the situation - say near empty - refill and it will still see near empty, they say best to refill before near / empty warnings occur... :?:
http://www.dellcommunity.com/supportforums/?~ck=mn
-

Syne wave: Most of the chip resetters that I have spotted on the web seem to be for Epson printers. The Dell printers are made by Lexmark but with modified cartridges which prevent them from being replaced with Lexmark carts. As the printer was bundled “free” with the purchase of a laptop (for my folks) the cartridge being rendered un-fillable is not an earth-shattering event. We will obtain a replacement printer….but it will neither have the stamp of Lexmark or Dell.

Empip: Good link (again), Pip. As you say, the forums seem to indicate t*ts-up for the cartridge and therefore with the printer closely following behind.

725 R.I.P. :cry:

Sponsored Links
This was a spam post trying to link to a Chinese site, but the remainder of the post may be worth looking at. Mod

Dell printers are inexpensive, but the ink cartridges are not. One way to save money when buying ink is to refill your old ink cartridges or buy non-Dell brand cartridges. The only problem is resetting the ink level program within your Dell printer. When you refill a ink cartridge, your Dell printer still thinks the cartridge is empty. And non-Dell brand ink cartridges do not contain the chip that tells the printer that a new cartridge has been installed. There is a way to reset the ink level on your Dell printer.

Resetting the Ink Level – Non-Dell Brand Ink Cartridge

Step 1
Turn your Dell printer off, if it is on. Wait five seconds.

Step 2
Turn on your Dell printer. A dialog box with the heading "Dell XXX Printer XXX" will appear on your computer screen. The Xs represent the type and model number of your Dell printer. If you don't receive this dialog box, click on the Dell printer control program's icon located on your computer's "Desktop" or select it from the "All Programs" menu, if using a Windows system, or from the "Finder," if using a Mac system.

Step 3
Locate on the dialog box the wording "Complete-A-Print." If there is a check mark in the box next to the wording, click on the check mark to remove it. If there is not a check mark in the box, do nothing.

Step 4
Click "OK" to close the dialog box. You have now reset the ink level in your Dell printer and disabled additional warnings about installing a non-Dell ink cartridge.

Resetting the Ink Level – Dell Ink Cartridge
Step 1
Turn your Dell printer off, if it is on. Wait five seconds.

Step 2
Turn on your Dell printer. A dialog box with the heading "Dell XXX Printer XXX" will appear on your computer screen. The Xs represent the type and model number of your Dell printer. If you don't receive this dialog box, click on the Dell printer control program's icon located on your computer's "Desktop" or select it from the "All Programs" menu, if using a Windows system, or from the "Finder," if using a Mac system.

Step 3
Locate on the dialog box the wording "Complete-A-Print." If there is a check mark in the box next to the wording, click on the check mark to remove it. If there is not a check mark in the box, do nothing.

Step 4
Click the box next to the wording "Don't display this dialog again."

Step 5
Click "Continue Printing" to close the dialog box. You have now reset the ink level in your Dell printer.

If on the **** was a link to a Chinese office supplier ******

That's not going to happen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
Back