inlaying in laminate counter

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thinking of inlaying tile to a laminate counter top. My stepdaughter did me the favor of burning one 3 inch by 3 inch spot in the laminate but not the wood. I've never used a router, but not afraid to learn. I'm thinking of placing the tiles intermittently around the counter top so the design will look intentional and keep me from replacing the whole counter top. Help! :eek:

Sponsored Links
yes you need a router for best results

also you need to make a jig. this is a very simple thing to do, you need a plunge cutter with a roller bearing at the top ....you need to jigsaw a square in a piece of mdf the same size as your tile (draw around it) this piece of wood needs to be considerably large as you will need to clamp in down and still have enough clearance to manover the router.

set your router to the right depth by adding the depth of the tile and your jig and way to go. have fun. be carefull and get someone to assist you. dont forget to use flexable adhesive/grout foor ceramic to wood!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back