Laminate Or Carpet?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I know it boils down to person choice but I'm now ready to lay new flooring in my flat and can't decide on Laminate or Carpet?
I live myself and there isn't really a lot of "traffic" passes through my house.
I've always had laminate and the one thing I do like about it is how easy it is to keep clean although I like the idea of the comfort and warmth of a nice carpet but seeing the clumps of dust that lay on top of laminate and thinking that they actually get trapped in the carpet makes me think even with hoovering that a carpet will get dirty/marked easily?
Any advice folks.What would you do?
Has Laminate had it's day do you think?Real wood flooring is out of the question(Just too expensive and too much prep)
Any advice much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Laminate in kitchens and bathrooms for sure....the rest has to be up to you!
A superb product is click floor by multiPANEL .....it's actually vinyl, 5mm thick and almost indestructible.
I'm so impressed with it I'll not use anything else now. Minimal expansion too.
Granted, fluff sits on laminate but the same happens on carpets - but the laminate is easy to clean!
John :)

Bear in mind that carpet is quieter on the neighbours below if that's a concern. FWIW I'd personally go with carpet in the lounge and bedrooms.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back