Laminate or Tiles?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I know that this part of the forum isn't regarding tiling, but this is a general question.
Buying a new house, do I tile or Laminate the

Kitchen
Barthroom

I suppose the advantage of laminate that it will be easier to take up should I want to change it than tiles (I should think that is true?). Also, I guess laminate might be warmer? There will be Laminate in the hall, so it might be nice to go into the kitchen with laminate, just concerned about spills, scratches (would it burn \ mark if something hot was dropped on it)

Not sure wich would be cheaper, I wouldn't think there is much in it.

Where is best place to get laminate web or DIY? I will probably have the laminate fitted by a professional so I guess he might want to supply (& rip me off), my thoughts on this is that he will be a lot quicker than me ( I have never done it and as this is a brand new built home I want a good job) & he should do a lot better job that me.

Thanks

Steve

Sponsored Links
I will probably have the laminate fitted by a professional so I guess he might want to supply (& rip me off), my thoughts on this is that he will be a lot quicker than me ( I have never done it and as this is a brand new built home I want a good job) & he should do a lot better job that me.
Thanks
Steve
so you already think/know a professional fitter does a better job for you, so let him advice you on what products would suit your situation best and accept his reasonable price for the products he supplies to you.
Ripping off? Why would he want to do that? If you buy a cheap product who will you blame when it does not end up the way you thought it would?

Thanks, I didn't even think about asking the fitter what would be best, I will do that, although if he specalises in laminate and not so much Tiles, if he wants the work he will say laminate.

Why would he rip me off...I guess its a natural assumption, I guess if it thought he was Iwould use him.

Steve

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back