Laminate floor recommendations

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

We had decided on laminate for our dining room and kitchen but on reading some reviews are now not sure

I wanted black/grey slate effect

Saw some floor tiles in B&Q on offer and and now thinking what would be best

Any recommendations or experience. Does laminate scratch easily ?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Personally, I would stay away from the shed's own laminates and go for a quality brand like Quickstep. It is more expensive but I feel it has a tougher wear layer than others. I've had it down in my parents house for nearly 12 years now, and it still looks good as new.

Personally, I would stay away from the shed's own laminates and go for a quality brand like Quickstep. It is more expensive but I feel it has a tougher wear layer than others. I've had it down in my parents house for nearly 12 years now, and it still looks good as new.

This is great advice. If you can afford Quickstep or Pergo, you'll get a significantly better floor with really good wear and csratch resistant qualities that will look great for years.

Sponsored Links

This is great advice. If you can afford Quickstep or Pergo, you'll get a significantly better floor with really good wear and csratch resistant qualities that will look great for years.

We had Quickstep Elite flooring laid a year ago and I would definitely not recommend it. It scratches very easily from everyday use and is definitely not quality, durable flooring. Ours has only been subjected to light everyday wear and tear. The surface layer is very thin and the colour does not penetrate below the surface so any scratches show badly. Our previous unknown brand laminate lasted for years without any sign of wear. The 25 year guarantee is worthless and the company is based in Belgium so you can forget customer service.

I've had B&Q laminate (quick loc) in living room for 10+ - maybe even 12 years ... not a problem (except where there was a radiator leak -behind a chair thankfully -gone a bit gappy)
It has not been kindly treated (v. messy children, recently have been steam cleaning it :eek: and I don't enjoy housework :D - not always kept spotlessly clean) , I have actually (in desperation) done things like mend a bike puncture on it...and it has survived
Have same floor in my office - and it has scratched under my chair -but think was caused by grit walked in in winter under the wheels...I heard it scratching -should have brushed it up really .... :oops: )
Have had the tileloc stuff in kitchen for about 4 years - and it is still looking good - has one small chip from a dropped knife...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back