Quality Laminate Recommendations

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We're thinking of changing carpet to either laminate or engineered wood downstairs in two room and a local company (who fit both) are recommending their laminate over engineered wood. The main reason is that the durability or laminate is much better than engineered wood as it won't scratch or show up marks as easily.

What would you say the best brands or laminate (in terms of quality and realistic look/feel) are when you're dealing with laminate? They are recommending two boards by Quickstep - the impressive and majestic. They both seem similar with the majestic being a larger board than the impressive.

Are there other brands that you would suggest are better/worth considering?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I had the ground floor of our house laid with Quickstep Impressive (scraped oak grey/brown) about 18 months ago.

It seems to be very hardy stuff. I love it. It feels and looks fantastic with very little shine which is precisely what I was after.

Brilliant, thanks for that guys.

Yeah I think I'll go with Quickstep as I've not heard anything bad about them but it's nice to have that personal recommendation patb303. chris1982 I think it is probably very comparable to the Howden V-Groove Professional range you mentioned. Problem I've had with Howden is that their prices seem REALLY high for me to buy from them.

Sponsored Links
Parador do some stunning laminate designs, great quality german manufacturer who we have had no problems with over the last 3-4 years

Parador do some stunning laminate designs, great quality german manufacturer who we have had no problems with over the last 3-4 years

Interesting. Can you suggest a supplier for this please? Can I get samples do you think? Is there a certain board that they produce that you recommend?

Last edited:
Anyone had any experience of Nest laminates. A company I've found selling Parador really recommend Nest as they have a great range of colours and they look really authentic apparently.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back