Laminate and engineered wood recommendations?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As title. There don't seem to be any recent threads on this. I want to replace grotty carpets in three first-floor rooms, total area about 30 square metres. Suspended timber floors; all skirtings to be replaced and flooring taken to 10mm (or whatever) of walls; no underfloor heating. Underlay undecided as yet. I fitted some Jive O'Loc engineered oak in my last house and very good it was too, but no longer available it seems. Much more recently I fitted B&Q 8mm laminate over 5mm Diall fibre wood underlay over existing lino (not allowed to take up - council property) in most of my girlfriend's flat and while it looks fine and feels fine to walk on, I wasn't too impressed with the force needed to get some of the boards to click together, such was the quality or otherwise of manufacture. Quality and durability more important than price, but if I can get very good laminate for much less than engineered wood, I'd be interested. Would be most grateful for any recommendations.

Sponsored Links
Quickstep capture is the best looking lamainte on the market.
Timbermate excel is the best underlay.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back