Laminate underlay

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Currently looking at laminate underlay and I'm undecided on using polystyrene 5mm underlay or wood fibre 5mm underlay.

I want an underlay with good insulation and sound reducing as well as some tolerance for uneven floor. I have used self leveller to even out the floor but I have some slabs that are about a couple of mm higher that floor level. I'm hoping that a good underlay might solve this problem? Would a 7mm underlay work better?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated,

Thank you in advance

Sponsored Links
Hi,

Currently looking at laminate underlay and I'm undecided on using polystyrene 5mm underlay or wood fibre 5mm underlay.

I want an underlay with good insulation and sound reducing as well as some tolerance for uneven floor. I have used self leveller to even out the floor but I have some slabs that are about a couple of mm higher that floor level. I'm hoping that a good underlay might solve this problem? Would a 7mm underlay work better?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated,

Thank you in advance
There is no sound to reduce on solid floor , only required on suspended floor .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back