Carpet Underlay.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have lifted the Laminate flooring from a room including the rectangular underlay that is required for it,

I now want to lay my carpet in this room.

What i would like to know is it possible to use the underlay for Laminate flooring and sacrifice the cushioning of rubber underlay or is their a good reason for the rubber underlay besides that.

Sponsored Links
If you were to do that the carpet will look awful after a year or so, the area's that have been walked on regularly would show track-lines and appear flattened in no time. The cushioned underlay prolongs the life of your carpet.

If you were to a buy a cheap carpet and then spend twice as much on the underlay, your carpet would last for many years longer than spending the same amount on the carpet alone.

Buy a specific carpet underlay, probably better to go with puFoam or if possible and in budget, natural felt or felt combo like Axminster Axfelt65 are far superior and not much more expensive.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back