INLINE BATHROOM LIGHT/EXTRACTOR FAN QUERY

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, hope you can help.

Recently had bathroom done and spotlights fitted. 3 are fitted with leds and the other has a normal 50w halogen spotlight in it(this is the inline fan light). Installer said he cannot fit an led bulb into this one. Is this correct?

Also, this fan light has a 14w timed inline extractor fan that is absolutely useless. I'm going to fit a bigger 25w fan (Manrose MF100T). Will this be ok to just do a straight swap?

Any advice as always greatly appreciated.

Cheers. ;)

Sponsored Links
The inline fan kit is, as you have found out, pretty pants.

So, yes you can install a bigger/better fan

The inline fan kit will have come with a 12volt/35W lamp and a suitable transformer.
To change this to an LED lamp you would need to change the transformer for an LED driver that matches the LED lamp that you chose.

It will probably neeed to be a GU5.3 lamp to match the lamp holder.

As you are going to change the fan anyway. Why not rip the lot out and start again with a powerful more LED unit like THIS

Thanks for reply.

I have already bought the fan and am just going to do a straight swap.

Is it a big job to make the existing light suitable for an led bulb and what would I need to achieve this?

Thanks again.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back