Insecure Ie6

Sponsored Links
Better hope that someone doesn't insert their stuff into a frame if you are net Banking !!

Had a similar thing occur with a guestbook. Someone posted a "comment" that redirected into a hard core site, so no one could view the guestbook, or sign it, without been sent to this awful site. :evil: :evil: :evil:

Trouble was, somehow, they had also stopped their post appearing on the guestbook control panel so I couldn't delete the post or block the IP, in the end, the only option was to delete the guestbook and start afresh with a new guestbook, hopefully, with a better control panel! :cry:

pipme said:
Try This

Firewall ZAP etc did not stop this on Win98se, Ie explorer 6, with all updates etc up to date !!

P

Do have a go, just click where it asks and see how easy to 'spoof' a page in a frame on a trusted site ... Still happens after the latest M$ update (yesterday) .. KB834707.

P

Sponsored Links
I'm safe - doesn't infiltrate on my system!

But I don't use IE, purely because of security risks like this.

I use Mozilla Firefox 0.9.3.

Have FireFox 1.0 Preview Release with intent to trial next week.
=============
This appears to be a decent site which reports on security aspects.
http://secunia.com/product/3256/#advisories

Select List of Patched/Unpatched Secunia Advisories Apparently
Two outstanding for FireFox 0.x

P

ninebob said:
But I don't use IE, purely because of security risks like this.

I use Mozilla Firefox 0.9.3.

Have been using Firefox for approx 6 months now and use it as my main browser, some sites have problems with it, but not many. For the problem sites I now use Netscape Nav, I just wish you could remove IE from XP completely.

For E-mail, why not try Incredimail its free to download.

Microsoft have got a lot to answer for, but they have us by the b@lls as other systems are either too expensive or don't have the applications required. :mad:

Back