Inserts in tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Second question for the same bathroom.

White 200*200 tiles, 50*50 glass inserts to go in a hole in the centre of some of the tiles.

I would like to set the insert about 1mm proud of the tile, is there an easy way of doing this so they will all look the same?

Sponsored Links
Scrap of MDF or ply with two strips of something 1mm thick either side, push the insert in tith this and it will stick out by the required amount.

I Tend to cut Glass with a manual cutter, chipps less than a wet cutter, done plenty of Original Styles glass which is about 8mm thick and also glass mosaics.

If the back of the glass is not coated make sure you fully bed them otherwise the ridges in the adhesive will show.

Jason

Thanks for the tip, will make something upfor the inserts.

On the cutting I have done one corner with a manual cutter and it looks OK from 4ft away (room is 1400 by 2000), will put some grout on tomorrow (got in too late tonight) and see what it looks like before I cut any more - may just be the light getting in to the edge of the tile and grout will stop that.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back