Inspection chamber cover

m0t

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an inspection chamber in my drive right where one of my car wheels sits, I try to keep off it as it has always had a crack in it but given the size of the drive it can be quite difficult.

Can I get a replacement one that will hold the weight of a car? I think I need a new one anyway since it has cracked again and now looks in danger of falling down the chamber.

Where can I get one from and is this a standard size/shape (a quick Google seems to mostly show square cornered ones)?
C063C32C-A776-4750-8EF6-2EAC9CC2688F.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Look to uprating to a 'Class B cover', these are heavier duty and will take the loading of a vehicle running over the. You'll need to measure the existing chamber brickwork and find the appropriate size to fit. Any good Builders merchants should either have, or be able to get, the correct size cover, or there's online options.

Be aware, you will need to change the cover and frame, which will probably mean altering the top course of brickwork on the chamber to accommodate the new cover and frame.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back