Install 3 washing machines where there is no water !

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm trying to work out whether I can and if I can, then just how to install a row of three washing machines along a wall which has no water inlet or outlet and is separated from the only water inlet and outlet in that room by a doorway, meaning that a permanent gravity feed from the bank of machines to the water outlet is impossible as it would cross the open and in use doorway at 20cm to 30cm above ground level.

The water inlet I can resolve by placing pipework at floor level and the water pressure available (3 bar) will be sufficient to feed a rise of 0.8m to each machine.

Whatever the solution is, if there is one, it must be one which is permanent, in that it does not have to be removed to gain access through the doorway.

Here is a sketch of what I am trying to explain !

I can't put the machines near the water supply as there are other fixtures in that space already.

There is a very difficult but potentially possible escape route for the water which would see it go through the wall to the top of the drawing, through a cupboard, through an airing cupboard, along a wall, take a right turn, then follow under a bath before cutting into an existing water escape.

That is a tricky installation and there isn't much height to cope with the run to the escape. I'd much rather go another route, if anyone can think of a solution.

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
I dont really unbderstand your problem.

Most plumbers would surface mount a supply up from the machines and round the wall above the door !

Perhaps you need a plumber to show you how?

Tony

The supply is no problem. It could be routed as you suggest or there is actually room to take it straight across the floor as the door opening has a slight step up and it could be coxed in or chased out to accommodate.

The issue is what to do with the waste water, if I don't want the trouble of going through multiple cupboards etc. The waste cannot be taken up from the machines and over the door for instance.

Sponsored Links
You can get get saniflo type macerators for around 100 quid on ebay. I fitted one in a busy shop and its been running fine for over a year so waste water from washing machines would be a walk in the park. You can run outlet from pump straight up to ceiling height and then run horizontally across top of door and then back down. Easy.

You can get get saniflo type macerators for around 100 quid on ebay. I fitted one in a busy shop and its been running fine for over a year so waste water from washing machines would be a walk in the park. You can run outlet from pump straight up to ceiling height and then run horizontally across top of door and then back down. Easy.

I looked on ebay and found various descriptions. Is it a macerator pump I need or something else ?

3 washing machines ?

Is it a commercial application ?

Are they commercial appliances ?

The reason I ask is there are different water regulations for the installation of washing machines on commercial premises .

+1 on above post.

What are the machines for? Additional back-flow prevention is required for many commercial water installations. A smaller saniflo unit won't cope with 3 machines.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back