Install a wood burner flue going through an internal wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I was wondering if someone could help me, I am looking to install a wood burner to go through an internal blockwork wall turn left by 45 degs and then out to the external wall and up.

Is the above possible or am i restricted by building regs?

If anyone could share some light on this topic I would be grateful.

Sponsored Links
What's the difference between the flue pipe going through an internal wall and going through an internal floor? I could understand if it was a stud wall maybe. Obviously the flue would go through at an angle.

Sponsored Links
The paragraph you quoted goes on to say that flues may only go through a roof or void if they then connect directly to the chimney. That I understand is what the OP wishes to do.

See
http://www.stovefittersmanual.co.uk/articles/installing-a-twin-wall-flue-chimney/

in particular the section on flue routes. Flues may pass through internal walls, ceilings, floors and roof spaces as long as they are twin-wall insulated, any boxed sections have access hatches, and there is access at all bends for cleaning the flue and removing debris.

Why do you think its law to have carbon monoxide detectors with these stoves but not gas apliances it just recomended with gas. Because they are much more dangerous so why people insist on doing it them selves amazes me .has the appliance been sized correctly,
Does it need vents do you know where to put them, is the stove suitable or your area. Did it have the ce kite mark. if you cant get a certificate of compliance you may not be able to sell your house . You certainly wont be able to claim on your insurance if any thing goes wrong .many insurers wont cover at all with out one. Wood produces 40000 ppm carbon monoxide when burnt . Coal 30000 ppm, gas 8-12 ppm. These stoves are by far the most dangerous , that is why it is law to have a carbon monoxide detector but because the risk is lower with gas its only a recomendation , its not worth the risk get an installer in.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back