install gutter

Out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What is cost for replacing a gutter on pitched roof, Access is via velux windows.
storm Alex seems to have let water in.

The Contractor, says The centre gutter has failed some time in the past, the previous contractor has used flashband tape as a temporary fix. He"s recommending that ideally the gutter should be replaced for a new lead gutter some time in the near future.

He will Strip slates around gutter to fully expose centre gutter area, Install new code 6 lead gutter with welded expansion joints, Re-install slates and remove rubbish on completion. Contractor quote seems steep for new lead centre gutter.Is there a market rate?

Sponsored Links
Access via velux window should save you a lot in terms of scaffold/access costs.

Guesstimate you have been quoted around a grand, but really it's a - how long is a piece of string question.

It's more important that you get a permanent professional solution than saving a few hundred quid IMO.

Blup

Thank you blup. Quoted £3500to replace the centre lead gutter. Says a couple of days work maybe 2.5days?

How long is the gully
How wide is the gully
Code 6 lead I'm assuming minimum 450 wide is expensive
Expansion joints are expensive
Underlay is expensive
You may lose X amount of slates
Oxy acetaline is used
Waste passed through your window and carefully carried through your house is a pain in the arris
1000 for this is not realistic
Are they charging vodka and tonic on top of the quote?
Without pictures and measurements who knows I'm afraid

Sponsored Links
Sounds like he knows what he is doing, I should stick if I were you as there are plenty of idiots out there.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back