Installers and their NSI accreditation

Ballpark for approved as mentioned.
Perfectly reasonable quotes.

Sponsored Links
Whatever!!

your reply was nothing more than mischieve.
Without seeing the property you can be accurate to the pound but for an approved installer (which we know you are not) you pass comment deliberately suggesting there will be such a price differential.

The OP should get 3 independent quotes. These will be based on a site visit, RA etc and definitely not on the say so of a stranger with absolutely no knowledge of the situation.

Whatever!!

your reply was nothing more than mischieve.
Without seeing the property you can be accurate to the pound but for an approved installer (which we know you are not) you pass comment deliberately suggesting there will be such a price differential.

The OP should get 3 independent quotes. These will be based on a site visit, RA etc and definitely not on the say so of a stranger with absolutely no knowledge of the situation.

There is enough info there to make a quote...

external sounder
external dummy
control panel
2 x remote keypads
7 x pir sensors
2 x door sensors

What else would you need to know? What way the wind is blowing or the posters starsign?

The quotes he has are on the ball for an approved installation I have not suggested they aren't.

I know you could have a non approved system for the price I mentioned as since the approved installers are only quoting for a non monitored system we are talking a type B alarm which doesn't qualify for police response.

Are you saying its illegal or wrong to suggest alternatives?

Sponsored Links
I know you could have a non approved system for the price I mentioned as since the approved installers are only quoting for a non monitored system we are talking a type B alarm which doesn't qualify for police response.

Are you saying its illegal or wrong to suggest alternatives?

It may well be the quote is for a monitored system, you really cannot say until the O/P comes back.

Your rather quick to mention legals - something you want to get off your chest hmmm?

It may well be the quote is for a monitored system, you really cannot say until the O/P comes back.

The quote was for a non-monitored system.

I got 4 quotes in all - 3 which involved a site visit.
The one who quoted direct from the visio diagram I had was a comparable price, but I like to talk to the company in 'person' on site.
So I picked from the other 3.
My feeling is if they can't make the time to come to you to win your business, then putting something right (if needed) after work is complete is likely to be even harder!

The quote was for a non-monitored system.

I got 4 quotes in all - 3 which involved a site visit.
The one who quoted direct from the visio diagram I had was a comparable price, but I like to talk to the company in 'person' on site.
So I picked from the other 3.
My feeling is if they can't make the time to come to you to win your business, then putting something right (if needed) after work is complete is likely to be even harder!

good choice, hope it works well for both parties ..... at least you have someone to complain to if not.

final update on this thread.

Alarm was fitted over 2.5 days. The 1-2 day estimate overran. They had 1 engineer off sick which slowed things down a bit.

Final results are excellent.
No snags with the installed system and exactly to spec promised.
The plaster work has hardly been damaged and all cabling is extremely neat.
Very pleased with the system. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back