Installing 2x9.8kW showers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I've been asked to install 2x9.8kW showers in a domestic dwelling. I realise they will need 2x 45A MCBs in a 100A/30mA RCD enclosure (no space in current CCU. However i've calculated this will require over 80A (can't apply diversity to showers). Therefore seeing as there is a 100A BS1361 main fuse, i would think the possibility to overload the main fuse is quite high, especially in the morning when kettles, toaster, ovens etc are possibly on at the same time as the showers.
Your help would be gratefully accepted. Many thanks

Sponsored Links
main fuses are quite resilient, i've seen boards with 3 times the rating.
What you need to remember, it is rare that all the circuits in the board are fully loaded at one time.

Sponsored Links
Is the water supply adequate to fully feel the benefit of these two showers if they run both at the same time ?

Is the water supply adequate to fully feel the benefit of these two showers if they run both at the same time ?
Not sure, that'd be one for our wet friends, the plumber. PS. If Electricians are Sparkies, Carpenters are chippies, what are plumbers? Keep it clean!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back