Installing 3 spot halogen in Oz

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry - put this in the wrong forum so I'll try again here....

Hi guys - there's been a few simliar threads but I can't quite find one to match mine. I am replacing a basic ceiling rose with a 3 halogen spot. The halogen fitting has two connections for L and N (brown and blue). It also has a screw for earth attached to the casing. From the ceiling I have 3 cables, two have the usual red/black/green, one has red and white which I assume is the switch cable. The 3 reds are wired together as are the 2 blacks and the 2 greens with the white by itself. The previous fitting had 4 screws.
I want to know how to wire the new fitting with this setup - do I need another choc block for instance ? The main thing I suppose is bringing the switch into play.........

Sponsored Links
yes you will need another chock block to join the 3 reds (permanent lives) together.

then it sounds like green is earth black is neutral and white is switched live.

also iirc you aren't supposed to do diy electrical work in australia dunno how well enforced it is though.

No - its OK to install lights. My question then is with two inputs (blue and brown) where does the white switch wire go ? The reds would go to brown, the blacks to blue and the green to the housing. The white has me confused !

no the reds would NOT go to brown unless you wan't your light permanently on

the three reds should connect to each other but not to the fitting then the white wire from the switch should connect to the live from the fitting

Sponsored Links
Back