installing a mixer bar shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm installing a ixer bar shower. I've installed push fit wall plate elbows onto the wall, and the shower was supplied with a pair of offset connectors. I understand that the connectors are offset (Z) so that once the wall plate elbows are attached to the wall, you can adjust the height of the shower / width of the connection by twisting the connector. I've done this but unless I have both connectors completely tight, the joint leaks, and fully tightening means that one of the connectors comes to rest at about 6 oclock an the other at aroung 12 oclock. Could someone tell me what Im doin wrong. After speaking to the manufacturere , they have supplied me with a pair of O rings, but I cant see how they will help.. Im really confused and would appreciate a point in the right direction....thanks very much

Sponsored Links
Have you tried wrapping PTFE tape around the threads.
May need more on one side than the other to stop any leaks.
:D

Ive tried PTFE tape, put loads on, but it still leaked. Ive looked at it today and don't see where I could put an O ring where it would any effect the water seal....

Sponsored Links
Are you using the correct fittings.
I used a Female iron connector like this with mine and had no problems.

I did not use the elbows but secured the pipework with clips and is fine. :D

They are virtually identical but perhaps my fitting lets you screw it home a bit further,
I used Ptfe and had no problems first time.
Persevere with ptfe tape or try Fernox LS.
It could be that you have not enough clearance to screw fitting all the way home.
Good luck :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back