Installing a nest thermostat e with heat link

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I'm struggling to identify what wires are the common and the normally open wire on my drayton rts 9 thermostat so I can install the nest thermostat e with heat link. I have attached a photo of my thermostat and the wires.
20201010_180318.jpg

Sponsored Links
Does that white cable from the backplate go to a wiring centre (junction box) near the boiler?
If so can you post some pictures? That would normally be the best place to install the Heatlink.

The two wires I have marked go into COM and NO on the nest E, all other wires need to be safely terminated and isolated, DO NOT MAKE ANY links, it doesnt matter which way round the two wires are it is simply a switch.

Inkednest e_LI.jpg

Thank you ianmcd will give it a go. But how could you tell what was what wire I forgot to upload a picture of the diagram on the inside of the old thermostat case.

Sponsored Links
Hi thank you again for your help really appreciate it. I have fitted it and all working so far so good and with no issues

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back