Replacing Drayton RTS1 with Nest

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am currently installing a Nest Thermostat and would like some clarification if someone could please help.

I am replacing my Drayton RTS 1 thermostat with the Nest Heatlink and want to confirm which wires go to which new connection if I am not hardwiring in the metal controller?

At the moment the I have a wired Neutral, Live and Call for heat and an earth. Which wires should go into which terminal if I want to just setup with heat link and have the Nest free to move around the house?
Many thanks for any help

Sponsored Links
The Live wire goes to the Heatlink Live terminal 'L' and the Neutral goes to the 'N' terminal.

The Call for Heat wire goes to Heatlink terminal 3

A short wire link is also required in the Heatlink from 'L' to terminal 2.

The Earth wire is no longer needed and should be safely covered up.

I have this same situation, however, if you replace the Drayton room stat with the Nest heatlink, then surely the heatlink will only get a live supply when the boiler programmer is 'active'? My boiler has a built-in programmer.

Sponsored Links
That's true but with the Nest installed there's no need to use the inbuilt timer/programmer so it can usually be set to permanently ON.

Having said that the best place for the Nest receiver is generally beside the wiring centre (if there is one) or at least closer to the boiler where a mains supply and the associated boiler wiring is at hand.

Last edited:
Having said that the best place for the Nest receiver is generally beside the wiring centre (if there is one) or at least closer to the boiler where a mains supply and the associated boiler wiring is at hand.

That's what I did in the end. Thanks.

Hi Christo, looks like we have similar thermostats. Is this not too high voltage for the nest thermostat?? Cheers

Hi,

I have the same thermostat and am also wondering if the voltage is too high for the nest thermostat?

TIA

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back