Replacing Drayton Wireless Thermostat with Google Nest

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am looking to replace my wireless Drayton thermostat with a Google Nest, however comparing the wiring of the Drayton shown in the pic, it's not clear exactly how I would connect the Google Nest.

I haven't managed to find anything on line with tells me what each connection on the Drayton is and the corresponding connection on the Nest.

Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• 20201013_110539.jpg
    20201013_110539.jpg
    189.3 KB · Views: 353
Sponsored Links
Looking that, possibly an industry standard backplate which may accept the hive. Going left to right x2 neutrals (blue) a live (Brown), linked live to common (small brown), another live, 2 empty, 3 heating on, 4 empty, X2 Earths in the earth terminal. If need be, transfer wiring across.

Last edited:
Thanks for that. The Nest instructions say "Connect the heating control circuit to the Heat Link 1 (normally closed/satisfied), 2 (common), 3 (normally open/call-for-heat) as needed."

Am I right in thinking that apart from the obvious live and neutral connections, the 2nd live wire goes to 1 and the heating on wire to 3 on the Nest? Do I still need the linked live to common?

Many thanks.

Apologies, I assumed Hive for some reason. The obvious L and N yes, then looking like it you still need a link between live and common, and your number 3 on Drayton goes to normally open.

Sponsored Links
Great thanks, so effectively the only change is connecting the link into terminal 2 on the Nest rather than it sharing with the 2nd live on terminal 1.

Thanks once again.

Great thanks, so effectively the only change is connecting the link into terminal 2 on the Nest rather than it sharing with the 2nd live on terminal.

Yes it seems that way.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back