Installing a Vertical Radiator

Sponsored Links
I agree a 3x2 is 70x50 but cls never has been it's planed to 63x38 finished size

Sponsored Links
It's the nominal size of the timber before it's planed and finished .
See ,it's not only plumbing that has daft sizing issues ... :ROFLMAO: :love::unsure:

If your cutting the board make an opening big enough to put a bit of 3x2 cls in, screw the cls to the block with 80mm screws into brown plugs, glue or screw the piece of plasterboard back in then screw your rad brackets to the cls with the supplied fixings, then make good the cuts with filler
Thanks for the various suggestions to my fitting a radiator problem. I have decided to go along with thomps method, not because I think it's the best but more because some of the other suggestions are outwith my experience eg the Corefix fittings.
ps: The fitting has been delayed due to my having put my back out 3 days ago! : (

cls-softwood-studding-75-x-50mm
Given that I live a long, long way from the nearest building materials supplier, is there any reason why I shouldn't hang the radiator using wood I already have and shown below? For all i know it may well be cls, I only know that it's treated. If it is suitable, I could easily cut the depth to 33mm leaving 3mm for filler. The wall is completely internal.

Attachments

• B7A69B48-0138-43E2-A939-43625C1936C5.jpeg
    B7A69B48-0138-43E2-A939-43625C1936C5.jpeg
    443.7 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
With the top wooden block in place and plastered over, I am very keen to give the drylinepro fixing a trial on the block at the bottom of the radiator. I need size ? x 7.5mm plugs, the bit and if my general purpose screws are not suitable then I need size ? x 7.5mm screws to suit. Out in the sticks, the last thing I want to do is order the wrong items and would be grateful if someone could provide me with a link to a drylinepro stockist.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back