Installing a vertical radiator onto Plasterboard

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a tall thin modern vertical (bar / tube style) radiator that has come with its own brackets and fixings for mounting onto brickwork. I need to mount it onto Plasterboard and the fixings (large bolts with thread) are kind of custom so cant simply replace the bolt with similar plasterboard fixings - what can i do? I could probably locate the studs easily enough but i doubt the bolt will drive through wood will it?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi

I have a tall thin modern vertical (bar / tube style) radiator that has come with its own brackets and fixings for mounting onto brickwork. I need to mount it onto Plasterboard and the fixings (large bolts with thread) are kind of custom so cant simply replace the bolt with similar plasterboard fixings - what can i do? I could probably locate the studs easily enough but i doubt the bolt will drive through wood will it?

Thanks

It will if you drill an appropriately sized pilot hole first.

Hi

Thanks

It will if you drill an appropriately sized pilot hole first.

Cool, will do that and ditch the plugs the bolts came with.

Hi

Thanks

Unlikely you will find stud for both sides, get some plasterbard `brolly fixings`they are ideal for cavities.

Sponsored Links
Hi

Thanks

Unlikely you will find stud for both sides, get some plasterbard `brolly fixings`they are ideal for cavities.
True. Are you referring to spring toggles?

Hi

Thanks

Here's hoping! It will put my underused stud detector to good use mind.

Not spring toggles, can`t think of proper name but you drill hole, tap in fixing, screw in threaded screw until the `brolly` opens up inside, you know it`s open all way because the screw tightens right up, you then withdraw screw, then place bracket, whatever over fixing, then rescrew until tight, job done! I always ask for `brolly fixings` they know what I mean or just explain.

Not spring toggles, can`t think of proper name but you drill hole, tap in fixing, screw in threaded screw until the `brolly` opens up inside, you know it`s open all way because the screw tightens right up, you then withdraw screw, then place bracket, whatever over fixing, then rescrew until tight, job done! I always ask for `brolly fixings` they know what I mean or just explain.

or you could use the fixing gun

On a vertical radiator?? :eek: ffs

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back