Installing a Vortice Lineo T in-line fan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am in the process of replacing a S&P 250T in line fan with a similar Vortice model which has been in place of about 2 years. The reason for the replacement is that timer on the circuit board has blown.

I thought this would be a simple process - the S&P model has a 3 core and earth cable coming from a 3 amp FCU into the fan connecting to Switch terminal (yellow wire), Live (red) and Neutral (black).

Foolishly I just assumed it be the same arrangement on the Vortice fan. However, inside the terminal housing there is a seven terminal 5 amp chocolate box arrangement. N1 connects to the Neutral wire; L2 connects to the Live wire; Looks like the switch wire should connect to Terminal 3.

However, there is a comment on the wiring diagram that says insert link for either high speed or slow speed (it is a 2 speed fan) - the link seems to connect across the live, switched live and then connects to the high speed terminal on the block (4). If you wish to run the fan at slow speed then the connection is the same but the link is connected to terminal 5.

My question is does the link involve me running a wiring to connect the live, switch and terminal three together? If so should this be a wire that just runs inside the terminal block? This seems very strange but the manual is not very clear - (see page 36 E Timer diagram in link below).

If I just run the existing cable to the L N and Ls terminals the fan does not work. However, connection the Ls terminal to terminal 3 (high speed) makes the fan work when I switch on and turns off immediately I turn the switch off. However, the timer does not work. Do I just run another wire from the Live terminal to terminal 3? Any experience with these fans would be appreciated.

http://www.vortvent.nl/downloads/vorticelineoinstructionbooklet963.pdf

Sponsored Links
If you want high speed with timer follow the E timer diagram page 36

Looks simple to me (would be easier if they didnt mix up all the languages together though...)

Permanent live goes to L2 and 4
Switched live to 3
Neutral to N1

Thanks for the reply. I agree the manual is real pain - too many alnguage versions and not enough clarity.

Are you saying that all I need to do is connect a wire between the L2 terminal and terminal 4 (not Heathrow) :D

Sponsored Links
Tried bench testing two Lineo 100 T VO fans, wanted to hear them run for noise and pressure test pre fitting.

connected via plug and flex on desktop by wiring Live to L2 Neutral to N1 then bridging the live ( L2) to 3 ( switched live) and 4 ( full speed run )

Plugged this setup in and .............. zilch! on both fans !

OK now I am confused, anyone out there care to help me to bench test these .

It would have been better if you had started a new thread, instead of digging up a 3-year old one.

But never mind. We are here now.............

Using a multimeter, how many volts do you measure between line and neutral?

sorry no volt meter ........., did start a new thread as well (belt & braces).

Is the idea of how I wired this up OK ? just to run it ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back