installing aquapanels on brick walls

Sponsored Links
I wonder if anybody could help me - I have just used aquapanel in my shower cubicle with dot and dab and I now need to screw it - any ideas what the best screws are to use - I got some masonery screws but I am having problems driving them in the brickwork (have drilled a pilot hole).

many thanks

timbo04

From what I undersand from noseall and Jasonb you'll need to use wall plugs and screw. Not sure which type of screws, but would assume it would be the aquapanel screws which are 40mm. I believe these have a special type of coating to perhaps prevent rust etc when wet. Should be able to get these where you got the aquapanels.

I'm off to Wickes to get my panels and screws and will be installing today :D

if youve drilled the pilot hole, screw the plug onto the end of your screw a bit, and tap it in place with a hammer, then screw it in ;)

usually dry wall screws.

Sponsored Links
Dry wall screw heads are a bit on the small size, try something like a 5.0mm screw with enough length to go through the AP, dabs and 40mm into the brick/blockwork. Something with a self countersinking head like screwfix goldscrew plus or reisser R2 cutter screws.

Drill through the lot with a 6mm masonary bit and use red plugs, tap them in flush to the AP surface then insert the screw a turn or two and tap the screw in until 30mm is left exposed, screw this last bit in as normal.

Jason

screwfix goldscrew plus or reisser R2 cutter screws/use red plugs,etc ...

saved my typing ,lol

btw when drilling an screwing take your time an *dont go barmy at it !*

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back