Installing Awning on Fence

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is there a particular type of awning (just a straightforward slant shade) which can be fitted to a fence?

if not, what would be the best solution.

Thanks,

JH

Sponsored Links
How about a canvas sail material using eyes and hooks to fence post tops and a couple of wood or metal poles to the other edge. Comes in bright colours too and easy to put up and store away.

No, dont want to tie the sail anywhere. Has to just overhand the fence and turf.

What about an old caravan awning - they roll into a 'tube' mounted on the caravan (or in this case fence) and you just put out 2 legs to support the front edge. otherwise you are looking at a rigid frame one - generally much heavier.

I plan to do something similar on the side of my shed when it eventually gets done, as an external paint spraying area for my RC Aircraft. the shed however is some time away, and funds dependant.

Olly

Sponsored Links
What about an old caravan awning - they roll into a 'tube' mounted on the caravan (or in this case fence) and you just put out 2 legs to support the front edge. otherwise you are looking at a rigid frame one - generally much heavier.

I plan to do something similar on the side of my shed when it eventually gets done, as an external paint spraying area for my RC Aircraft. the shed however is some time away, and funds dependant.

Olly

Yeah that sounds like a solution.

Any idea where I can get one?

Depends on size needed and budget!

my first suggestion would be any caravan shops nearby/local, alongside web based research, and check on ebay for any being sold off too. I would also suggest if you are happy with second hand freecycle and similar.

Finally try local scrap merchants! if they have old caravans or motorhomes being scrapped these may still be fitted and only need some legs/guys!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back