Installing Combi + CH

C

cb9002

Hi

Please allow me to ask a few more questions!

When notching joists for 22mm feed/return, I plan to take up the floorboards, use a circular saw set at 25mm to make two cuts, then knock out the block with a chisel. I then plan on putting in the pipes on hair felt and placing a nail plate on top.

1. Does that sound about right? How do I get the pipes under the joists that support the solid walls? I'm presuming its easiest to drill them with a spade bit and thread the pipe through.

2. Where can I get nail plates from?

Drainage for the boiler will be through a soakaway, which I believe has to be 500mm from the house.

3. How would I get the pipe there without people tripping over it (it will be under a path)? I was going to go through the wall just above the damp course, a vertical drop to under ground level, and then underground to the soakaway.

4. Can I run the pressure-relief pipe to join the condensate pipe? I could use a tundish if necessary.

Thanks for your time

cb9002

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back