Installing dishwasher

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi this is my first post here. We've just moved into a house that has not had a dishwasher installed. We've brought one with us I just need a bit of help to make sure I put it in correctly.
I've attached photos of the plumbing already under the sink. Do you think I could add this
https://www.screwfix.com/p/floplast...VWxdyTUx7NHtWQOdo7IaAtQQEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds to the black connection just under the sink? Or will I need to get one of these and add it just above the u bend? https://www.screwfix.com/p/mcalpine...XfWR2YV81bVGL2WwutUaAn5MEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Also can someone please advise on where to put the connection on the water pipe. I believe it's just a t piece I need. Correct me if I'm wrong.
I would have paid someone to do it but we will be ripping the kitchen out soon so don't want to pay for something that isn't going to be there long. Desperate for a dishwasher in the meantime.

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• PXL_20240118_090319701.jpg
    PXL_20240118_090319701.jpg
    172.1 KB · Views: 47
  • PXL_20240118_090112068.jpg
    PXL_20240118_090112068.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 48
Sponsored Links
It would be the latter as the former is for fitting into a compression tee.

Trouble you may have is the latter will drop the level of the trap outlet connection for the waste. Would need to see what the waste run behind the trap is like and what that compression connection is and therefore how much of an alteration in height could be made. That may need the waste pipe run modified a bit too.

The cold supply would usually be the right hand pipe. So it would be - turn off the cold mains > disconnect the straight coupler top and bottom and remove> put of these in its place. Put a wrap or 2 of PTFE tape around the olives if the nuts and olives are being re-used to avoid weeping connections.

1705582987447.png

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back