Connecting Condensate Pipe To Waste

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm want to connect my condensate pipe from my boiler to the waste in my kitchen sink..

However, my kitchen sink does not have a connection outlet for the pipe..

Does any one know how I can connect the condensate pipe to my existing waste?

Doing a bit of googling, could something like this work? If so, does any one know how to connect this to my existing set up?

Condensate Pipe Clamp

Sponsored Links
possibly ,but as we cant see your set up its a bit difficult picture a would help ,showing sink waste set up

Just be prepared... Depending where you cut it into your sink waste and if your sink has previously had blockages... future problems with boiler cut out due to backed up condensate are possible... Not a big deal if you are aware of the potential for this to happen.

Sponsored Links
possibly ,but as we cant see your set up its a bit difficult picture a would help ,showing sink waste set up
Yes, some picture would be nice:)

jqsJILK.jpg

JEsjwVl.jpg

Apologies if the pics are oversized

yes its fine,you need a hole saw.
Where would be the best place to cut the hole?

Are there any other alternative options out there, apart from what I listed?

Just be prepared... Depending where you cut it into your sink waste and if your sink has previously had blockages... future problems with boiler cut out due to backed up condensate are possible... Not a big deal if you are aware of the potential for this to happen.
Thanks for the tip...

Not had any blockages yet due to a new kitchen..

Last edited:
Where would be the best place to cut the hole?
I would fit it after all the traps, just before that last bend ,going out. drill the hole on top, or cut in a 40mm swept tee, then 40mm to 21.5 reducer

just to add, that bottle trap is not good, your better off whith a P trap.

I would fit it after all the traps, just before that last bend ,going out. drill the hole on top, or cut in a 40mm swept tee, then 40mm to 21.5 reducer

just to add, that bottle trap is not good, your better off whith a P trap.
Just to clarify, do you mean here (marked in red)?

Why is the bottle trap not good?

upload_2018-12-23_22-48-9.png

Just to clarify, do you mean here (marked in red)?

Why is the bottle trap not good?

View attachment 155159

Yes. Put a swept T in there, middle up and sweep directed away from unit towards back wall.

Bottle trap will collect crap from sink in no time as it is more restricted than a P trap.

Washing machine/dishwasher hose should enter cupboard at highest level possible and drop down onto spigot.

Flexible tap connectors are too kinked and are under too much strain. Adjust rigid pipework to ease and relax them more.

Yes. Put a swept T in there, middle up and sweep directed away from unit towards back wall.

Bottle trap will collect crap from sink in no time as it is more restricted than a P trap.

Washing machine/dishwasher hose should enter cupboard at highest level possible and drop down onto spigot.

Flexible tap connectors are too kinked and are under too much strain. Adjust rigid pipework to ease and relax them more.
Thanks for the help.. However some of the jargon is going over my head..

All i am going to do is create a hole with a holesaw, then stick the condensate pipe clamp from my initial post in there (with the use of solvent weld)

Hopefullly that'll be the end of that job

Thanks for the advice, re: washing machone hose and flexi taps.. Will make the adjustments

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back