Connection of boiler condensate to horizontal waste?

24 Apr 2009
Reaction score
United Kingdom

I have a kitchen sink, WM etc running into a 50mm waste pipe in the void under the ground floor to a gulley outside.

As part of renovation, I would like to move the routing of the condensate pipe for the boiler.

My question is, can I run the condensate pipe for the boiler into the horizontal part of the waste pipe beneath the floor?

It suggests in the regs, that a branch pipe can be connected into another branch pipe.

Alternatively, I can run the condensate pipe under the floor to the gulley. I would need to increase the pipe size to 32mm.


Many thanks

Sponsored Links
You can't do anything, it's part of the flue system so you need to get an RGI to alter it. He will be permitted by the regs to run the condensate as you propose
Thanks Muggles.

Luckily I have a family member that is a RGI. Will need to persuade him to come over for a few beers (after doing a bit of work) ;)


DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links