Condensate pipe run

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just replaced my old combi which was sited in a hall cupboard, with a condensing one. The problem is that i'm struggling to find a route for the condensate pipe. My choices are:

1. 1.3m drop followed by 10m horizontal then 0.7m rise into kitchen waste pipe

2. reducing condensate to 15mm copper 1m from boiler and then T'ing into pressure relief valve pipe. I think this runs into the bath waste pipe - the bathroom floor is tiled so i can't say for sure.

3. buy a condensate pump (about £70) and run 1.5m vertical pipe into attic, then horizontal to something like the guttering

Option 2 would be preferred, but safe?

Sponsored Links
It does not seem you are qualified to install boilers, otherwise you would understand what happens when you keep metal submerged in acid, no matter how weak.

Aaah Option 2 not safe then.

Is the rise described in Option 1 acceptable? Doesn't say anything about continuous downward run in mf instructions. Boiler's a vaillant ecotec plus.

Sponsored Links
no you cannot use option 1 or 2 water will not run uphill unless pumped
if you look in the mi's for the combi it should show the option's

Sounds like someone should have thought about the pipework before installing the boiler.

And shouldn't the pressure relief pipe go outside?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back