Installing electric bathroom towel rail radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Can anyone offer advice on installing a small electric towel rail radiator in the bathroom.

I'm planning on getting a radiator and a 150W electric element from B&Q. It will only be used in winter and it's too mush hassle to connect to the hot water system as the bathroom has already got a 6ft rad with the pipes running under a conrete floor.

I have a few specific queries:

1) Will the towel rail rad have it's own on/off switch?
2) Can I connect this onto a timer switch?
3) Can I run this off a spur from my bathroom lighting that already has a shaver socket and light combo attached to it?
4) What legal/safety issues should I be concerned about i.e. can a switch like this be placed in the bathroom. If so, does it have to be away from water pipes etc.

Many thanks,
Siu

Sponsored Links
......and you thought the water system way is complicated. :LOL: :LOL:

best advice, get a spark if you really want to persist with this(even then it might not be possible). there are legal issues regarding electrics in the bathroom and all sorts of regs like zones and whats not aloud where and what is.

i wouldnt attempt this job to be honest, its not DIY

Sponsored Links
Yes, and all I can really advise - given the totality of your post is:

industryspark said:
i wouldnt attempt this job to be honest, its not DIY

Seriously!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back