Towel Rail / radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Don't know if this belongs here or central heating. Anyway, we are all electric here. I have a towel rail in the bathroom that is used as the radiator more than heating towels. There is no room for anything else.

The supply is switched outside the bathroom and the cable comes out of a plate in the bathroom, going to the towel rail.

There is no thermostat on the towel rail so it just stays on. Is there a way of installing a separate thermostat in the bathroom that will monitor temperature and so control the towel rail?

thanks

Sponsored Links
simply use a thermostat with a remote sensor and put the control unit next to the switch outside the bathroom.

aaah! thanks dave

do you know of such a device and where I can get one?

Sponsored Links
Thanks. Looking at these it says there are 3 wires. I take it the live and neutral replace the existing switch live and neutral and the yellow switched wire goes to the towel rail.

Is there one with a wireless remote sensor?

If it's going to be a fixed-temp setting, you may also be able to find a knobless thermostat with a reasonable IP rating. Additionally you could mount it high enough to be out of the zones if the ceiling-height permits.

Thanks. Looking at these it says there are 3 wires. I take it the live and neutral replace the existing switch live and neutral and the yellow switched wire goes to the towel rail.

Is there one with a wireless remote sensor?

Honeywell CM927. Installation instructions are on the site.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back