Installing french doors backwards in loft conversion?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have a plan to include a pair of french doors and a juliet balcony in the new horizontal dormer wall. Trying to find a set of inward opening doors is somewhat difficult. Is there any logical reason i can't purchase a standard set of french doors and then install them backwards. I've had a look at the following pair up close;

http://www.wickes.co.uk/invt/158308

There doesn't appear to be anything preventing the inside to be outside. Any thoughts? Or does anyone know where i can get an inward opening pair (in the same price range!). Thanks

Sponsored Links
heeelllooo red lagoon :D :D :D

door sits on the front of the frame water hits the glass and frame and runs down the face edge any water that gets behind door seal fall out the bottom harmlesly any water that gets between glass and door comes out the drain holes at the bottom of the opening

if the door opens in the way any water hitting the glass and bypassing the rubbers gets pushed inside with the only form of escape being internal

you can get inward opening doors but once rubbers stop being 100% you get leaks

I do know where you can get them........... :rolleyes:

But it would be self promoting.......... ;)

big-all:
any water hitting the glass and bypassing the rubbers gets pushed inside with the only form of escape being internal

Doh! Thanks for that, can't believe i forgot something so obvious.

The-brickie: I've googled your name and it brings nothing back, so the self promotion isn't obvious enough yet!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back