Installing heavy velux window

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have 3 x massive velux windows to install (SK06) on to a new roof.

In the instructions it mentions installing the window, squaring it up to the frame and fixing the frame. The window is then removed and the flashing etc installed. The window is then fitted for a final time.

Can I only fit the window once? Is it possible to complete the flashing kit install with the glass in place?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
from outside its easy enough to fit and not take the glass out.
from inside is possible but trickier.

an extra pair of hands makes an sk06 easier ...

Fancy helping Sunday? haha.

Thanks a lot. The roof is 20 degrees so perfectly possible to do everything from outside!

That's a relief it only needs to go in once...

from outside its easy enough to fit and not take the glass out.
from inside is possible but trickier.

an extra pair of hands makes an sk06 easier ...

Sponsored Links
Hey SpecialK, offer Datarbal £400 and I'm sure he would skip church for one day. At least you know that they were being fitted correctly.

Andy

Very tempting! I am considering getting a cost from a roofer to fit them!
If you fancy it datarebel give me a PM (I'm just past pompey). You can laugh at my flashing too then...

Hey SpecialK, offer Datarbal £400 and I'm sure he would skip church for one day. At least you know that they were being fitted correctly.

Andy

Try barthy on here he's from around there .
He's seems to know his stuff and I'm guessing he may do velux

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back