Installing laminate in hallway into another room

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I'm wanting to install laminate in my hallway and run it into the downstairs toilet. I'm a competent DIY-er but getting this started properly is causing me headaches because a) the hallway is not square and b) running into another room I'm not too surte where to start. I've created a noddy image to help articulate:

10POhK.png

I've tried to show that the hall gets bigger as it goes towards the kitchen. The living room is carpet and the kitchen is tiled so not going into those rooms. I'm assuming I need to go along the long wall first, presumably against the 'lving room' wall, but with the door into the bathroom, making sure I can connect it there is a priority.

Any help appreciated!

Sponsored Links
To be truthful, I would avoid having laminate in a bathroom or cloak room!
But I would find the part of the hall that is longest length and lay a row of planks, to give you a good idea where the cuts are going to be and whether those cuts are going to be difficult and aesthetically pleasing.

Thanks for the reply. I should have pointed out that it's actually luxury vinyl rather than laminate (you're right, the laminate we just pulled up that was installed by the previous owners had soaked up some 'interesting' smells!) but the install is exactly the same as laminate so I put that to avoid confusion!

Sponsored Links
If it's LVT then I'd go on a 45, that way it won't look out on the walls

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back