please help laminate floor in my hallway

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
please help me and my husband are having a nightmare time trying to lay laminate flooring in hallway,we have already done bedrooms and living rooms but we cannot work out how to lay in hall way .we have the hallway on the rightwhich runs down to lounge on the left there is a small square of floor before you gou up the stairs,then under the stairs is open space.if we start on long wall we cant lay the flooring under stairs as the stairs mean we cant lift it to click in thank you for help

Sponsored Links
hallways are tricky areas. alot of doors (at different angles / on different walls) and alot of obsticles to get around (like stairs as you have discovered).

There are a couple of things you can consider.

Firstly, can you assemble some of the laminate and then slide it into the alcove stair area?

Secondly, you sometimes have to plane off the small lip on click lock laminate to allow you to slide the last piece(s) on flat. You normally need to use a bead of wood glue in this case.

Thirdly, can you change your starting position to do the awkward area first (usually in combo with number 1).

Fourth, can you click in the under stairs pieces further away and use the knocking block to knock them lengthways into the required position.

Good luck!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back