Installing radiator in new extension

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys

I’m having a new extension built and was toying with the idea of fitting the radiator myself.

My question is, when taking the pipes through the cavity wall from the existing house is there a regulation or best practice on how this should be done.

Cheers
Mark

Sponsored Links
Not really, just don't make the hole too big and insulate the pipework.

You should sleeve the pipe where it passes through the wall, to protect it from corrosion

20mm electric conduit is a snug fit for sleeving. that 21mm overflow pipe would also do

Sponsored Links
Thanks guys

I'm guessing that the following will be the answer.

Drillling a 25mm hole then installing 20mm plastic conduit followed by the 15mm copper pipe, sound right?

Cheers
Mark

I would make the hole bigger and and cover the pipe with foam insulation. Cavities can/do get cold.

Thanks guys

I'm guessing that the following will be the answer.

Drillling a 25mm hole then installing 20mm plastic conduit followed by the 15mm copper pipe, sound right?

Cheers
Mark
20mm hole would be ok. My longest drill bit is 20mm and I used it as I described.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back