Installing shower in ensuite with existing underfloor heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have 2x2 metre en-suite which I want refitting. I have been investigating the possibility of changing it to a wetroom but the quote has been staggering £9300! Apparently this is because the underfloor heating needs to be moved. I asked if I changed this to a shower tray this would reduce the bill and told no. Can anyone advise me on this and other options that may be available. Currently I have a corner shower unit which I step into with a circular sliding door.
Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Wet rooms require a fall from all points to the drain, hence the need to dig the floor out completely and replace it. The floor and walls of a wet room should ideally be tanked, too, so your job will cost more than it would had the room been, say, a bedroom with no UF heating

Last edited by a moderator:
The underfloor heating is water does this make a difference? There is an existing shower there which is in the corner. Could i just put a walkin in?

Sponsored Links
The problem may well be that they can't accommodate the required fall to the drain point (which is the lowest point in the floor). I would think you should be able to get a low profile shower tray which works, but the position of the drain point will need to be near as dammit identical to the existing to avoid the need to redrill the floor (which carries the risk of hitting the UF pipes)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back