Installing shower mixer tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone, I've bought a shower mixer tap and would like to install it but I'm not quite sure how I can turn off my hot water supply. I have shut off the main water supply valve which stops water going to the cold tap but hot water still flows from the hot water tap. I don't have a combi boiler, I have a conventional boiler where you have to heat up the water with gas. Do I just have to run the hot water tap until the tank empties or is there any other steps I should take? I also heard that you can create a vacuum when draining the tank and it could rupture it, is this true? If so how do I prevent it?

Any help would be appreciated as I'm no plumber and I'm not clued up on this sort of thing.

Sponsored Links
You might be better off employing a plumber for this one, if you want to do your own plumbing start with something a bit simpler.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back